Communication Strategy for the consultation process to grid expansion in Germany
In order to implement the transformation of the German energy system ('Energy Switch'), a fast expansion of electricity grid is crucial. By new legislation (e.g. NABEG) a network agency is responsible for issuing planning permission for national power lines. To successfully expand networks and by that realize the 'Energy Switch', a transparent, goal-orientated and comprehensive participation of society is of fundamental importance.
IFOK advices and supports the Federal Network Agency methodically to help to design and implement a communication strategy for the consultation process. IFOKs services are the following:
- Advisory regarding the conceptual design of the overall consultation process
- Consulting regarding the positioning of the Federal Network Agency to deal with the new responsibilities in the planning process
- Advisory and support regarding the preparation, implementation and evaluation of obligatory forms of public consultation in the planning process
- C onsulting in the design and support of the implementation of concepts for non-obligatory participation strategies
- Coachings and Trainings of the Federal Network Agency´s staff in the context of the consultation process.
IFOK advices and supports the Federal Network Agency methodically to help to design and implement a communication strategy for the consultation process.